2012/04/12

Chiffon cake - OIL FREE -

As I could not find any mold for chiffon cake(chifón) around here, when I went back to Japan, I took one from home and started to make it in Spain.
We don't see a lot this kind of fluffy texture cake in Spain, and our family and friends who tasted it for the first time loved it.

This time I made Hojicha chiffon cake with HOJICHA Powder currently I was into.
Hojicha is made from Japanese green tea by roasting the tea leaves and turning them into brown color. It has less caffein and mild taste so we can drink even before sleeping. Of course it is nice to drink as tea but so different to cook something with the powder and I love to make cake using it.

Moreover, we are recently little bit worried about our belly, so I made oil-free version.
I was not sure, but the result was quite fine♪ So please try it!


<Recipe>

Yolk               5
Sugar            50g
Water            50g
Milk              50g
Flour             70g
Hojicha powder      5g
Baking powder                1 tea spoon
Egg white           5
Sugar            50g

1. Whip yolks and sugar in a bowl until becomes white.
2. Add water and milk mixed in advance into 1 and mix them.
3. Add sifted flours and mix them.
4. Make meringue whipping egg whites and sugar.
5. Add 1/3 of meringue into 3 and mix them. (Repeat 2 times more)
6. Once mix the mixture and all meringue, pour the mixture into a chiffon cake mold (around 20cm diameter) and bake it in a oven with 170℃ for around 40 minutes.
7. Once baked, turn the mold upside down and leave it until becomes cold.
    (Like below ↓)


8. When the cake cools down, remove it from the mold cutting the sponge along the mold carefully using a slim long nife(first outside of the sponge, separate the exterior and cut the down and the last medial side).


Red beans I made was remained, so I added them.

Bon profit!!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿