2011/04/26

Vegetable Sweets

There is Vegetable Sweets Shop "Potager" in NAKAMEGURO, Tokyo in Japan.

Raising awareness of Health and Diet, Food, which are tasty and also good for the body, like Organic one, Microbiotic etc. attracts a lot of interest and these days we can find several sweets made from vegetables.
But I don't know any other shop apart from this Potager, which provides only vegetable sweets.

We ordered baked cakes, which were of course sweet but modelate and we could enjoy them as sweets but feeling also nice vegetalble taste and they were very popular among my family.
Moreover thinking that they are made from vegetables, we can eat without feeling any guilty, it's nice!

So I also ordered Recipe Book of Ms. Aya Kakizawa, Patissier of Potager, and tried to make some.



This time I chose Red Paprica Tart & Radish Cheese Cake.


The result of Red Paprika Tart was like lemon tart, fresh taste with delicate sweetness.
Actually the cream used to fill the tart was kind of lemon custard cream with red paprika.
But the color was like sobrassada(spanish fresh sausage made from mince meat with paprika pawder etc.), so when Spanish people see this tart, their brain gives the message that this tart is salty and when they taste it, the real taste, sweetness surprise them...(You can see Sobrassada in wikipedia;-)) and I was suggested to use Yellow Paprika or to put one more layer with cream or something to hide the colour.

About Radish Cheese Cake, we could smell fresh radish! even though I baked, so everyone could tell what vegetable I used. Maybe because I grated radish too roughly...
But the taste was quite normal no-bake cheese cake, and appearence also, and I think it is nice to serve it during Summer due to its fresh taste and fresh look. (I thought it would be difficult to find radish during summer but it looks like radish can be harvested several time!)

Currently children's obesity is very serious problem in Spain and there is a tendency to change eating habits. Even if we cannot avoid eating some sweets for break-time snacks, more ocation we can choose these kind of vegetable sweets, better would be for our body.

One day I create my own recipe with vegetables, I will introduce you!

Bon profit!!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿