2012/03/25

My first Macrobiotic Cake

One morning, I heard the doorbell, so I answered. It was Post office staff and she informed me of the arrival of a packet from Japan.
It was a gift from my friend and I was asked to pay around 30 euros to recieve it! What??? It was a GIFT! But she explained that the regulation had changed some years ago and now we had to pay the tax even it was a gift. Moreover, I had to pay the exact amount, fortunately my neighbors could change money and I could. (If we do not have the exact amount, we have to go back to the post office!)

As I was so unhappy, I started checking on the internet and then I found the info with NEW!!! mark in Correos(Post office) HP. According this, even gifts are subjected to a custom duty, if they are from outside EU and have value of more than 45 euros. Shock...
Is there any other countries where we should pay to receive a gift???
Spain is suffering from budget deficit and the goverment want to exploit our small salary, but maybe they don't need to do something small like a gift???
If your family or your friends are planning to send something to you in Spain, please be carefull in order to avoid any surprise!

Well, sorry for lengthy preamble, today I tried to make Macrobiotic Cake, which I had been interested in. As you may know, we can use only vegetable material for Macrobiotic food, and I was wondering if cakes without eggs would be nice or not and some materials were difficult to get. But finally I got a recipe book and all ingredients, including TOFU from Tofu-ya in Barcelona, so now only what I should do was to move into action!

As Spring had arrived, thinking about detox, I decided to make Matcha Strawberry Cake, filled with lots of Vitamin C ♪


Sponge.


Decorated with TOFU cream and strawberries.


Finish!


Inside.

I felt that TOFU cream had quite TOFU taste, but the cake was recieved well by my friends who agreed to be guinea pig (conejillo de Indias in Spanish).

This time I made them accorging to the recipe book, so I just explaine the ingredients I used.

Sponge: Wheat flour, whole-wheat, baking powder, salt, sesami oil, maple syrop, soy milk, vanilla essence, matcha
TOFU cream: Momen tofu, soy milk, apple juice, rice syrop, maple syrop, kanten, kuzu powder, vanilla essence

In the future, I will create my own recipe and introduce.

Bon profit!!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿