2012/03/22

The Best Croissant in Spain - 2011-

I wondered which shop had been chosen for the Spanish Best Croissant in 2011? So I checked it...
Then wow, in 「Concurso Mejor Croissant Artesano de Mantequilla de España 2011」, Turull in Terrassa was chosen as the best! Surprised!!!

Terrassa is located in Barcelona (not in Barcelona city, but Barcelona prefecture(?)) and it takes around 40 minutes from Plaça Catalunya by Ferrocarril. We can find Turull in Plaça Vella, centre of Terrassa and this bakery shop is quite popular in Terrassa. I had bought croissants there a few times but I didn't get impression that this was the best croissant! Moreover, I couldn't find Butter Croissant (Croissant con Mantequilla) during weekdays before... (Here in Spain, we should ask if this croissant is made with butter or not, because some croissants are not!)

So, I tried once again.

I went there the weekdays, but this time I could get one with butter.



I forgot to take the cutaway...

Indeed, the crust was crunchy, when I bit, it was crispy, and I felt the butter taste and it was quite nice, but still had doubt to say this was the best... I thought that I had had better croissants in Spain.

And another doubt was why the best croissant was found in Barcelona again (not Barcelona city but still in Barcelona)? Then it turned out that this contest was organized by la Escuela de Pastelería del Gremio de Barcelona and those who were interested in applied.
Condition is: Croissant made with butter, should be 45-65g once baked, no filling inside, etc.
Then the judges check the croissants baked and brought on the day, and decide the best after evaluating various factors, like aspect of the top, down, cutaway, the colour, texture, the rayers, taste etc.

If you are interested, you can see how they are chosing ↓
  
http://www.lavanguardia.com/ocio/20111005/54226844634/como-se-elige-el-mejor-croissant-de-espana.html

Here you can find the shop:

Forn Turull
Font Vella, 1 - Tel. 93 780 41 14
Carrer de Gutemberg, 2, 08224 Terrassa - Tel. 93 788 45 96
(↑ This shop is located in front of Terrassa Station and there is Cafe space)
Ctra. de Rellinars, 82 - 08225 Terrassa - Tel. 93 788 49 88
"Centre Comercial Terrassa" - Av. Abat Marcet, 43 - Tel. 93 735 03 00
Passeig de Les Lletres, 12 - Tel. 93 733 41 68

Bon profit!!!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿